We’re recruting a Technical Sales Consultant
We’re looking for a full-time Technical Sales Consultant to join the enthusiastic and expanding team at our newest showroom in New York Design Center at 200 Lexington. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for architecture and design.
We are Britain’s leading producer of high-end, fully bespoke cast iron radiators. Our products are manufactured by us in Manchester, England and delivered across the world. Our burgeoning sales operation in Manhattan is supported by our newest warehouse at Brooklyn Army Terminal.
The ideal candidate would be attentive, perceptive and efficient in every interaction with customers
The ideal candidate would be attentive, perceptive and efficient in every interaction with customers, ensuring their experience is enjoyable and informative. Impeccable English, confidence with numbers, a great eye for design and a natural ability to communicate are all essential skills to bring to the role. Our clients may use steam or hot water, both of which present different technical challenges, so applicants should be willing and able to learn about complex heating principles.
As well as visiting customers’ homes to provide design and technical advice, your responsibilities will include greeting visitors in the showroom and responding to phone and email enquiries; managing quotes and orders, often for extensive renovations in prestigious buildings; and developing key client accounts with architects and interior designers.
Full training will be provided, including some travel to our headquarters in Manchester, England. This is a retail role and may involve working some weekends. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Have an engaging sales approach
- Be able to accurately solve moderate mathematical problems,
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Possess an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Be self-motivated, organized and able to keep track of multiple tasks at once
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Experience working in a luxury environment
- A working knowledge of architectural plans and heating principles
- A keen interest in current trends, especially interior design
- A starting salary of $55,000 – $65,000 dependent on experience
- Specialist technical training with Continued Professional Development
- Staff benefits including company health insurance
- 24 days annual leave
The position is for a full-time contract at 40 hours per week. To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.