Job advert: Assistant Production Manager
We’re looking for someone to manage the assembly, pressure testing, quality assurance and stock management of our factory. The position works closely with our Production Manager to ensure that orders are completed to the right standard, on time, every time. The successful candidate will be in charge of a team of around a dozen employees.
We are Britain’s leading manufacturer of high-end radiators. We operate from a 25,000 sq. ft. factory in Stockport and have two showrooms in London with a third opening soon in New York. We assemble, test, finish and package cast iron radiators that are sold in the UK and, increasingly, worldwide. We are a growing company with a diverse and flexible workforce. The company directors are committed to continual improvement and support that through significant investments in the company’s facilities, its people, and development of its products.
Day-to-day tasks will include creating work schedules for the assembly team, updating customer orders using our bespoke order management software, writing and maintaining standard operating procedures, organising stock movements and communicating with the sales team on order status and technical queries. In addition to the administerial duties there is a large practical element to the job, such as tool and equipment maintenance, hands-on training and demonstrations and, more generally, getting the job done whatever it takes.
The role is managerial and as such the successful candidate will be required to develop a close rapport with those that he or she manages, working to maintain and continually improve morale, cohesion and productivity. The role is based at our headquarters in Reddish, Stockport. Working hours are 6am to 2pm, Monday to Friday.
- Have experience managing a team in a factory environment
- Be confident with computers
- Speak English to a native level
- Have demonstrable knowledge of current health and safety regulations
- Have experience working with metal or similar engineering positions
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have experience with pressure vessels, plumbing or threaded assemblies
- Have experience with introducing and maintaining production standards such as 5S, Kaisen or Lean manufacturing
- Have experience with large plant such as shot blasting machines and compressors
- A starting salary of £26,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience
- 24 days annual leave
- Generous staff benefits including health plan, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.